Costa Rica has become an increasingly popular destination for Americans engaging in medical tourism. The reason is because of it’s highly specialized doctors, bilingual staff, it’s proximity to the United States and, of course, it’s beautiful tropical landscape. But nowadays information travels faster than the truth and that’s especially true regarding Medical Tourism in Costa Rica.
To help shed some light, the Meza Dental team has built a list exposing the most common misconceptions about medical tourism in Costa Rica.
Misconception #1 - Costa Rica doesn’t have technology available in other countries.
- That may have been somewhat true 20 years ago. Today, Costa Rican Dentists invest heavily in acquiring the latest and greatest equipment in the dental field. That’s especially true of Meza Dental. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if Meza has the same medical equipment, if not better, than what your local doctor has.
- International Organizations, which accredit many costa rican dental clinics, require specific standards be met, including equipment. Most of the devices used are imported from the US or Europe. Aside from boasting some of the most demanding accreditations, Meza Dental is always pursuing excellence by being up to date with the latest in global technology.
Misconception #2 - Dentists in Costa Rica are not as qualified as those in Europe or in the US.
- Many US school might have the latest technology, but it isn’t available until students are in their later years. Dentists in Costa Rica, however, gain experience with the latest equipment from the very early stages of their dental schooling, giving them an advantage in the learning process and overall handling of their equipment.
- All the dentists at Meza Dental count with top-tier certifications that are internationally recognized. Far from being satisfied with what they know, the staff at Meza Dental is always working and striving towards new certifications with the latest technology and trends in order to deliver a world class service which competes with any clinic around the world.
Misconception #3 - Dental care in Costa Rica is cheap because it’s low quality.
- The main reason Costa Rica has an advantage in cost is because the country has a universal health care system, which is used by the majority of the population, thereby lowering the costs of medical services in many fields.
- Cost and quality are not always directly proportional. Costa Rican dentists are up-to-date with the most current medical procedures and use only the best technology available. It’s one of the reasons why Costa Rica is one of the top countries for dental tourism. At Meza Dental, great effort is taken to provide a world-class service to compete with the best clinics worldwide.
Misconception #4 - Dentists in Costa Rica don’t speak English.
- This is actually a huge misconception as English is mandatory from high-school and many go on to study or do their residency in the US. The vast majority of dentists in Costa Rica are fully bilingual and the staff at Meza Dental takes great pride in the english fluency.
The entire Medical team and staff at Meza Dental Care is equipped and ready to meet your dental needs. Contact us today and find out why Meza Dental is the premier high-end cosmetic dentistry clinic for medical tourism in Costa Rica.