Let us help you smile again.
Only you know the imperfections that make you feel self-conscious about your smile. With our smile design services, we can re-create your smile to achieve the results you have been searching for.
Meza Dental Care clinic offers custom smile makeover services that allow you to choose the ideal smile to fit your looks and personality. Whether you want teeth that are whiter, straighter, longer or shaped more appropriately to fit your facial features, we can create a custom smile for you. A Meza Dental Care smile makeover gives you total control over the final results of your new smile.
Don't worry about the current status of your teeth. It doesn’t matter if some of your teeth are chipped, cracked or missing. Our doctors can achieve amazing results by using a variety of specialty treatments such as veneers, crowns, implants, bridges and more.
OUR COSMETIC TREATMENTS
A crown, also known as dental cap, is a type of dental restoration, which completely caps or encircles a tooth or the metal frame that will be placed on a dental implant. The crown restores the shape, size, strength and appearance of the tooth.
USES OF DENTAL CROWNS:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover severely discolored or crooked teeth
- To be placed on top of a dental implant
- To make a cosmetic modification
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL CROWNS:
- Improves the color and the shape of the tooth or teeth
- They provide the best possible protection to a heavily broken down tooth.
- Crowns last longer than any other type of dental restoration including all types of filling and implants.
DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL CROWNS:
- If the tooth is completely healthy, the preparation could be damaging to the tooth as it involves grinding part of it away. Where the tooth has already been heavily damaged or has multiple or large fillings it can actually have a protective role.
A veneer is a thin, custom-made shell or layer made of a special material, normally composite or porcelain, placed over a tooth to improve the aesthetics of a smile and to protect the tooth’s surface from damage.
A composite veneer can be built-up in the mouth, or indirectly fabricated by a dental technician in a dental lab, and later bonded with a special resin to the tooth.
In contrast, a porcelain veneer can only be fabricated in the lab, to be placed later inside the patient´s mouth.
At Meza Dental Care Clinic we use both methods. We have an in house lab that can make porcelain veneers and we also have dentists, who are cosmetic experts, that can make a composite veneer directly on the patient´s mouth.
Porcelain veneers can last up to 15-20 years, but of course, like natural teeth, it all depends on the patient´s healthy habits and are still susceptible to damage.
USES OF DENTAL VENEERS:
- To restore a single tooth that may have been fractured or discolored
- To restore multiple teeth to make a full smile makeover
- To close gaps between teeth
- To improve the appearance of teeth when they have worn edges or appeared crooked.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL VENEERS:
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- The enamel is not completely removed during the preparation.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- Offer a conservative approach, since not a lot of grinding takes place, to changing a tooth's color and shape and with simpler procedure than the crowns
DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL VENEERS:
- The process is not reversible.
- Because some of the enamel has been removed, your tooth may or may not become more sensitive to hot and cold foods and beverages.
PROFESSIONAL TOOTH WHITENING:
Tooth whitening, also known as bleaching, is a treatment that allows lighten teeth and help to remove stains and discoloration. This is possible by simply removing surface stains caused by extrinsic factors, stainers such as tea, coffee, red wine and tobacco.
TYPES OF TOOTH WHITENING:
There are different methods to restore or whiten the color of your teeth, but at Meza Dental Care Clinic, we prefer to use the chairside light whitening system since it´s used for fast, medical-grade whitening of strongly discolored teeth. Medical tooth whitening can also be used as an alternative and more conservative treatment for cosmetic improvement.
ADVANTAGES OF PROFESSIONAL TOOTH WHITENING:
- A professional whitening session at your dentist’s office will provide better, whiter, and more even results.
- This procedure guarantees your teeth will get whiter in less time and with long lasting results
- Treatment is customized to your needs by cosmetic experts.
DISADVANTAGES TOOTH WHITENING:
- Whitening is not a one-time procedure. If you want to maintain the brighter color, you’ll need to repeat it from time to time
- Sometimes you get sore teeth or gums resulting from the bleaching treatment (this discomfort disappears when the tooth bleaching is discontinued)
Dental composites or filled resins are types of synthetic resins used in dentistry as restorative material or adhesives. It is a tooth-colored mixture used to restore decayed teeth and for cosmetic improvements of the smile.
Dental composite resins also have certain properties that will benefit patients according to the patient's cavity. It has a micro-mechanic property that makes it more effective for filling small cavities where amalgam fillings are not as effective and could therefore fall out.
USES OF DENTAL COMPOSITES:
- Esthetic tooth-colored restoration
- Filling cavities
- Improving/modifying tooth size and shape
- Masking discolored teeth via composite veneering
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL COMPOSITES:
- They look great since they can be matched to your natural tooth color
- It does not contains mercury, which can be bad for you
- Conservation of tooth structure
- Long lasting
- Can be repaired
- Bonds to tooth structure
- Economic restorative material
DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL COMPOSITES:
- They can be less resistant than the amalgam.