A blend of art, technology and experience that only Meza Dental Care can deliver.
The mouth has 32 teeth including the wisdom teeth, so a full mouth restoration implies restoring somewhere between 20 to 28 teeth.
A full mouth restoration may be needed due to decayed, missing, worn or miss aligned teeth, to get them healthy again or to replace them by implants. In addition, this kind of procedure usually responds to the patient’s desire for a cosmetic transformation of his/her smile.
Likewise, patients that have “eating issues” (they cannot eat what they like or they can barely eat due to their dental problems), ultimately may get a full mouth restoration.
In brief, the purpose of a full mouth restoration is to improve the function and aesthetics of the masticatory system, and it is suitable for anyone that has the conditions described above.
Are there different types of mouth restoration?
The procedure chosen depends on each particular case.
A Full Mouth Restoration or Reconstruction gives a completely new smile to a patient. Some patients need different procedures to get these ultimate results. It can be a combination of implants, crowns, veneers, root canals, periodontal treatments, gum surgeries, sinus lifts, bone grafts and fillings.
Some other people only need veneers to get their smile restored, while others may need an All on 6 (6 dental implants top, 6 bottom, and then a super structure of a metal frame with porcelain teeth) to make this possible.
How is the procedure and how long does it take?
There are two types of reconstructive procedures:
- Dental Implants and its restoration:Since a Mouth Restoration entails using crowns, veneers, bridges, dental implants, prosthesis, braces, and at times, surgery, it requires planning and experience to deliver beautiful long lasting results.So first, the patient must come for one week to get the dental implants done. Six months later, when the jaw is completely healed, he/she must come back for two weeks, to get the restoration.This six-month healing period is the minimum we ask our patients to wait before making the Full Mouth Restoration, however, some people may heal faster, so it is possible to take a CT Scan before the 6 months to find out if the restoration can be done sooner.
- Cosmetic restoration:If the dental restoration is just for aesthetics, the patient comes only one time for two weeks to get crowns or veneers, and has no need to come back again.
In the case of the Dental Implants, which are the post-operation cares?
We give our patients post op instructions and a very thorough explanation on how to take care of everything and what to expect before-during-after their surgery, based always on each patient´s case individually.
General care instructions are:
- Brush and flush constantly.
- Avoid foods that might break a porcelain restoration (nutshells, ice, jawbreakers, caramel almonds, etc.)
- Get a professional cleaning 2 times per year.
- Get a set of x-rays taken once a year.
- Smile a lot!
At Meza Dental Care clinic, we take pride in all the life changing dental restorations we have delivered to our patients over the years. Take a look at our Before & After Gallery to view some of the amazing results.